Monday, October 10, 2011

So I read something similar on a website that has been quite helpful to me. It's called Calorie Count Member. Now, mind you, I don't actually count calories. I never have, and likely I never will. However, that being said, I glean a lot of information and encouragement from the website. All these people have had, or currently have, the same struggles as I do (or have had).
This scenario in particular, really stuck out for me:

Oh my gosh- gaining a pound every week, sometimes even 2 pounds! Could you imagine ?!?!  That would just be awful. 
 Now, let's gain some perspective here. Why is it that when we are trying to lose weight, 1 or 2 pounds is nothing to us, but if we were to gain that amount of weight in the same amount of time we would really freak out.
 One to two pounds seems like so little every week, until you look back 2 months later, and are down a whole 8-16 pounds. It's a lot of weight. Keep on keeping on; the weight will pile up so fast.
Like I have read so many times, the time is gonna go by anyway, you might as well get healthier, look better, and be happier while time goes by !
Do you have any idea how fast the time went by? And how happy I am?
I get it, the little-bit-at-a-time part. I know that it sucks to lose just a pound at a time. But either you do it, or you don't- and either way, 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, and a year will come.

Don't give up. It's so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment